Platelet Rich Plasma Skin Rejuvenation
Platelet Rich Plasma Skin Rejuvenation (PRP) is a simple, safe, non-surgical procedure utilising your body’s own cells and chemistry for your skin rejuvenation – no artificial products involved.
What is PRP?
PRP is a concentrated source of your own platelets, which contains numerous growth factors. These are harvested from your own blood in the clinic, and then reintroduced into your skin, resulting in collagen synthesis and skin rejuvenation.
When will I see results?
Visible results will not be immediate. You will see some swelling from the fluid, but once this has subsided you will not see much change at all. Over 3 months the PRP stimulation will gradually improve the texture and tone of your skin, and this improvement will continue over the following months.
Angel PRP is more concentrated and being a one off treatment is more suited to patients who are time poor or looking to reduce downtime.
Who will benefit from the treatment?
- Anyone with skin concerns
- The treatment is suitable for all skin tones
- The treatment is safe for pregnant and breast-feeding patients
- The treatment is NOT suitable for advanced wrinkling and severe scarring
- The results of PRP are dependent on individual patient health status
Does the whole treatment process hurt?
While everyone’s pain tolerances vary, there may be a mild discomfort. However, with the use of a topical anaesthetic this can drastically minimise any pain felt.
Which areas can be treated?
Any area of the body, including skin around the eyes, cheeks, neck, jaw line, chest, décolletage and back of the hands.
What aftercare is recommended?
It is recommended that you drink plenty of fluids following your treatment. Your physician will advise you to limit strenuous activity e.g. exercise for 48hrs. You should also avoid the use of anti-inflammatory medications for at least 4 weeks. Apply a cold compress or ice pack to the injection area if there is any swelling. Be careful to avoid any aggressive scrubbing
What are the side effects of PRP facial rejuvenation?
- There are minimal risks of allergic reaction, because PRP uses components of your own blood.
- Minimal swelling, bruising and redness for 12 to 24 hours.
- There may be bruise at the puncture site, which could be visible for several days.
What is the process of facial rejuvenation with PRP?
First, a full medical history will be taken prior to your treatment and you will have an opportunity to discuss all aspects with your cosmetic physician. You will also need to complete a consent form before treatment.
Prior to treatment a blood sample of 120 ml is extracted from you in collecting tubes. This blood is then placed in a centrifuge for up to 30 minutes. When centrifugation is complete your platelets and plasma will be separated from your blood cells.
The concentration of platelets remaining are 10 times that of normal blood. The proteins, growth factors, and other particles the platelets contain help the body’s self-healing process. These platelets are extracted and injected into your skin using a small needle. This entire process is performed at Clinic42 within an hour and a half.
Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
You will need to stop omega oils and anti-oxidant supplements 3 days prior to treatment.
How much does it cost and how long does it last?
Treatment results vary however for most patients the results last at least 18 months. Touch-up treatments will maintain the results.
- 3 x treatments of Regen PRP with the Doctor = $2,800
- 3 x treatments of Regen PRP with the Nurse = $1,800
- One off session of Angel PRP with the Doctor = $2,000
- One off session of Angel PRP with the Nurse = $1,500
Who cannot have the treatment?
The treatment is not suitable for patients who have any of the following conditions:
- Low platelet count
- Platelet Dysfunction Syndrome
- Critical Thrombocytopenia
- Acute and Chronic Infections
- Chronic Liver pathology
- Anti coagulation therapy (Warfarin, Aspirin)