TriDerma Layered Treatment
Using three applicators with the fusion of three unique technologies (IPL, Radio Frequency Skin Tightening and Nano-Frac Skin Resurfacing). TriDerma is the ultimate skin rejuvenation treatment that simultaneously enhances tone, tightness, and texture.
TriDerma is exclusive to Clinic 42’s Venus Versa™, the most versatile multi-treatment platform.
Combining the three modalities in to one session makes this the most comprehensive and effective answer for complete skin renewal. The treatment repairs signs of damage seen on the surface of the skin as well as remodelling collagen and elastin in the deeper levels of the skin.
- Enhances collagen production to reduce fine lines, firms the skin and increases skin elasticity.
- Corrects brown spots, reduces sun damage, evens skin tone and treats benign vascular lesions.
- Improves skin texture, visible pores, fine lines, abnormal skin texture, scars from injury, acne, or other skin conditions.
Key Patient Benefits:
- Combines the power of three unique non-surgical procedures into one complete skin renewal treatment
- Results in incredibly smoother, younger, healthier-looking skin
- Non-invasive solution that gives highly visible results faster and in fewer treatments
- TriDerma combines photofacial (IPL), lifting & sculpting, and skin resurfacing treatments in one session
- More comfortable than traditional skin resurfacing treatments
- Low downtime — regular skin care routine after 48 hours
Am I a good candidate for this treatment? Will this treatment work for me?
The ideal candidate is anyone who shows signs of skin damage, including deep wrinkles, loss of elasticity, sagging, visible pores, scars, and anything else that affects the skin’s texture. It is also ideal for anyone that has an uneven complexion with signs of discoloration or visible capillaries on their skin.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker or any other active electrical implant in the body
- Any permanent implant or injected substance around the treatment area
- Any active conditions, inflammation and/or infection in the treatment area (e.g. rash, eczema, psoriasis)
- History of skin disorders or very dry skin
- Current or history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
- Severe concurrent conditions (e.g. cardiac disorders)
- Pregnant or nursing
- An impaired immune system or a history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes)
- Taking blood thinners
- Had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
- Had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
- Had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks or any surgeries within the past 6 months
- Tattoos or permanent makeup
- Metal implants (excluding dental) in the treatment area
- Excessively tanned skin
How much does it cost, and how many sessions will I need to see results?
The cost is $750.00 per treatment.
Most patients need 3 treatments for optimum results. Best results are visible approximately three months after the third treatment. For maintenance, one treatment every six-twelve months is ideal. Consult with your Clinician to determine the best treatment plan for you.
Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
You must avoid any tanning, including with self-tanners. Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams, perfumes, powder, or makeup before your treatment session. Remove all jewellery around the area being treated. If you have excessive hair on the treatment area, you will need to shave beforehand. It also helps to be prepared with information about your medical history—the technician will likely ask about it.
What does the treatment feel like?
The IPL component feels like a snap with an elastic band against your skin, or if someone flicked you, as the applicator moves around the treatment area.
The nano-fractional skin resurfacing treatment will feel tiny pins on your skin followed by a little zap. Your face will then feel warm, like a sunburn.
How will I feel after my treatment?
Your skin will be red and feel warm afterward, like a sunburn. You can ease this by fanning or exposing the area to cool air. Don’t put anything on your skin, not even water, for 24 hours. The warm feeling should go away within 24 hours and can remain red for anywhere from a few hours to a day. Be sure to follow instructions for before and after your treatment.
Is there any downtime?
Your skin will be red and for the first 24-48 hours and you will experience some ‘gridding’ and roughness in texture which can last 2-3 weeks. Any pigmentation will darken over the first 24 hours and will take 5-10 days to naturally slough off the skin. You will not be allowed to apply or rub anything on your skin, including water or sweat (so no hot yoga or any other exercise that will make you perspire) unless prescribed by your clinician. After 24 hours, you may put on makeup and resume your regular skin care routine. You should apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30), preferably one without chemicals.
Can I put on makeup or lotion right after my treatment?
No. You should wait until 24 hours after your treatment to apply any makeup or lotion. Do not apply any acids (glycolic, lactic, salicylic), Vitamin A or Vitamin C to your skin for the first 7 days. We will provide you with a post recovery cream to apply for the first 3 days, after which you will need to use a gentle, hydrating non-active moisturiser on your skin for the remaining 4 days.
I have darker skin – can I still get this treatment done?
Venus Versa™ skin rejuvenation treatments work best for light to medium skin tones. The treatment may work on darker skin, but there is a higher risk of discoloration because darker skins have more pigment. It’s best to consult with the technician to see if the treatment is right for you.
How often / far apart should the treatments be?
Treatments are done 4-5 weeks apart.
How long does a treatment session last?
One session usually lasts 90 minutes.
Will it be painful?
The TriDerma treatment will be uncomfortable, and at times painful however, it is over very quickly. If you find it too uncomfortable, let the operator know and they can adjust the treatment accordingly. You’ll feel intense heat, similar to the feeling of sunburn, and your face will look red right after the treatment. During the IPL treatment the applicator has a cooling feature built into it to make the treatment as comfortable as possible, but you will feel mild discomfort.
Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
If your skin feels hot, you can use a fan to cool it down. Avoid touching or scratching the treatment area. Do not put lotion, makeup, or anything else on your skin, including water, for 24 hours unless prescribed by your clinician. After 24 hours, you should apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30), preferably one without chemicals. Also avoid rigorous exercise and hot baths or massages on the treatment area for the first 2 days after your session. Make sure to keep your skin clean and protected from the sun. Avoid any sort of tanning.
Finance your treatment